Coeur A La Creme for Valentine’s Day
St. Valentine’s Day is one week away, so it’s not too early to think about a wonderful dessert to present to your friends, family or Valentine.
Coeur A La Creme is a perfect gift with its smooth and creamy taste.
– 1 cheesecloth
– 12 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
– 1 cup cream fraiche or sour cream
– 2 T Heavy Cream
– 4 T powdered sugar divided into 2 equal portions
– 1 t Meyer lemon juice
– 4 t Meyer lemon zest divided into 2 equal portions
– ½ t vanilla extra (optional)
– ¼ t salt
– 2 cups prepared strawberries, cut into quarters, or use a seasonal fruit of your choice such as pomegranates.
Place rinsed cheesecloth into the Coeur A La Crème mold.
Beat cream cheese, cream fraiche, heavy cream, 2 T powdered sugar, lemon juice and 2 t lemon zest, vanilla (if using), and salt. Mix until very smooth.
Pour into lined mold.
Fold the extra cheesecloth over the top and place into a baking dish to rest.
Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
This dessert improves when prepared the day before serving.
For serving, unmold to a presentation plate and spoon strawberries or a seasonal fruit around and on top of the dessert.
Dust with remaining powdered sugar.
Happy Valentine’s Day!!!