Tomato Festival Cooking Competition
Saturday August 17, 2019
10:00 A.M. Submission of Entries
Download Entry Form (PDF) Here:
Contact us at (707) 864-1529 or email@example.com
ENTRY RULES AND INFORMATION
- Participants will register based on their age:
Junior Chef Competition – Age 12 and under
Open Competition- Age 13 and up
- 4 categories for each age bracket: Salad, Salsa, Soup, and Sauce
- Only 1 submission per category but participants may enter in multiple categories (i.e Salad and Salsa). Prepare enough for 4 servings.
- $10.00 cash entry fee for each participant to be turned in to IL Fiorello by August 17.
- Recipes must be provided for each submission. Recipes must include all ingredients, procedures, name and contact phone number. Local ingredients are encouraged, and should be noted with a source.
- Any participants who wish to use pasta will receive a complimentary apportioned amount of organic, artisan-made Baia Pasta. Available to be picked up at Il Fiorello August 10, 2019 at 5:00pm
- Entries will be prepared at home. Proper food handling practices required. Visit the USDA Website for the Basics of Handling Food Safely.
- Liability is entirely on the contestant. IL Fiorello and Tomato Festival staff are ineligible for awards.
HOW TO REGISTER
Two options to register:
- Print and complete the registration form. Return to IL Fiorello Olive Oil Company.
- Download the PDF and fill in all required information. Attach it in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Tomato Competition Entry Form“.
JUDGING – SATURDAY AUGUST 17 (IL Fiorello Olive Oil Company)
Judging will be held at IL Fiorello Olive Oil Company, 2625 Mankas Corner Road, Fairfield, CA 94534.
Entries must arrive at IL Fiorello between 10:00-11:00 A.M.
At the completion of judging on August 17, finalists from each category will be announced via Facebook and online.
AWARDS – SUNDAY AUGUST 18 (On-Site at Tomato Festival)
Winners to be announced 3:00 pm on Sunday August 18 at the Tomato Festival (Texas and Jefferson Street Stage)
There will be one Best in Show Winner and 3 winners from each category will be awarded for Junior Chef and Open Competitions.
Best in Show Winner Overall: $100.00 cash
1st Place: $60.00 cash + Special Gift
2nd Place: $40.00 cash
3rd Place: $20.00 cash
Each Finalist will also receive a 2019 Tomato Festival Souvenir