Fresh Egg Pasta Dough
3 cups “00” Italian flour, I like Antimo Caputo
2 teaspoons kosher salt
4 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon cold water
Extra flour for rolling out pasta
- Put flour and salt in an electric mixer bowl fitted with the dough hook; mix on low just long enough to mix the flour and salt.
- Add the eggs, egg yolks, water and oil, mix on slow speed until dough comes together then increase to med-low speed for 8 minutes adding a bit more water or flour as needed.
- Divide the dough in half, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- To flavor your pasta with herbs and spices, or whatever you like, add the “flavor” during the last two minutes of kneading.
- When cooking pasta use a big pot and lots of water.
- Add pasta to water only when water is at a full boil.
- Add all the pasta at once and do not crowd the pot with pasta. It will stop the boiling and the pasta will not cook correctly.
You can also make a pasta without eggs, it will not be as tender but is quite delicious.
Fresh Eggless Pasta with White Wine
3 cups flour
2/3 cup warm water
1/3 cup white wine
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
Mix together and process as an egg pasta.
© Il Fiorello Olive Oil Co.